Monday 25 February 2013

Goldie Laid to Rest (PICTURES)

Goldie Harvey was on Monday  (February 25, 2013) morning laid to rest at the Vaults and Gardens cemetery in Ikoyi.

Hers remains was brought into the premises in a R350 Mercedes Benz by MIC caskets and Rangers followed by her friends including Denrele Edun at 9:30AM

The first and second bible readings were done by the late singer’s siblings.
Kennis Music boss Kenny ‘Keke’ Ogungbe delivered a short specch;
‘Lovely and talented Oluwabimpe Goldie Susan, if I’m to start saying all I can’t finish’, he cries, though it’s painful, so lovely to have left on Valentine’s Day, May almighty God grant your soul eternal rest for ever and ever in Jesus Name Amen.
Derenle Edun also had something emotional to say
The Goldie I knew despite the World recognition, I would move mountains, I would break ceilings sell your legacy and you are the best friend I forever had’, I can hear you say to me, do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. Do not stand on my grave and cry. I am not there, I did not die.
The officiating pastor gave a sermon on ‘what people will say about you when you leave here on earth’.
Those in attendance at the burial included the late singer’s husband Andrew Leonard Harvey, celebrities like Jaywon, Eedris Abdulkareem, DJ Jimmy JATT, KSB, Essence, Weird MC, ID Ogungbe, Keke Ogungbe, Seun Oloketuyi, Gbenga Adeyinka 1st, Dele Momodu, eLDee the don, Sexy Steel, Freeze, Olisa Adibua, Tiwa Savage and others.


May her soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to 2024

 Hello readers, It is noteworthy to say "welcome to 2024". From daily business insights to groundbreaking news, our blog has evolv...